At House Corporate Pty Ltd ACN 006 348 205 your privacy is important to us. We are committed to protecting your privacy when managing your personal information. We have policies and procedures to ensure that all personal information is handled carefully and securely in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
1. Collection of information
The type of personal information collected will be directly related to the specified purpose it has been collected for. How much of your personal information that you choose to disclose to us is completely up to you. However, failure to provide certain information may result in House being unable to provide you with the relevant product or service.
- If you request products or services from us, we may collect information such as your name and contact details (ie billing and/or postal address, phone number(s) or email address), and/or credit card details.
- If you sign up to use a particular service such as our newsletter(s) and e-newslettters, mail outs (about product updates and developments, special events or promotions), loyalty or rewards program(s) or enter into a competition operated by us, we may collect information such as your date of birth and your interests and any other information required to provide that service to you (in addition to your name and contact details).
- If you participate in any surveys we, or a third party service provider acting on our behalf, may conduct from time to time on our website, personal information relating to your survey responses.
- If you make an inquiry, provide feedback or make a complaint to us, we may collect your name and contact details.
- If you are applying for employment with us, we may collect any information that is relevant to such employment including:
> your name and contact details (ie residential address, phone number(s) and/or email address)
- any other information relevant to the recruitment process (including any information contained in the application form and your resume).If you are applying to become a House franchisee, we may collect information such as your name, postal address, telephone number, email address, education details, residency status, employment history, financial capacity and other information relating to your qualifications and experience.
You acknowledge that the personal information we collect from you is your own information or information which you have been authorized to provide us.
2. Use of information
House will use the personal information you have chosen to provide us for the purpose for which you provided it or a related secondary purpose which you would reasonably expect. House will not use it for any other purpose without your consent, unless permitted or required by law.
Generally, we will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- providing the products and/or services you have requested from House including for example:
- > to process sales transactions (whether in store or online);
- > to deliver the products or services to you;
- > to register you for a service requested by you, such as our newsletter(s) and e-newslettters, mail outs, rewards program(s) or competitions and administering such services;
- > to manage warranty claims; and
- > to respond to any inquiries, feedback or complaints made by you;
- direct marketing of products and services which we believe may interest you, including product updates and developments, special events or promotions;
- assisting us to improve our products and services and making them more relevant to you;
- assisting us to improve our website(s) or Facebook page;
- processing and assessing employment applications for current and future positions;
- processing and assessing franchisee applications for both current and future franchisee opportunities;
- the ongoing management of franchisees and our franchise network; and
- otherwise managing our internal business operations and processes.
There will be occasions where it will be necessary for House to disclose your personal information to third parties. House may disclose your personal information to:
- contractors and third party service providers on a confidential basis that we use in the ordinary course of our business to assist with the delivery of our products or services. This includes organisations such as marketing agencies, data processing companies, printing and mailing houses, delivery companies, data storage companies (which may use cloud computing storage systems which have the potential to make your personal information accessible by overseas entities) or finance agencies or debt collection agencies;
- other members of House’s corporate group for marketing purposes (subject to obtaining your prior consent);
- government authorities or other third parties as required by law; or
- any other purpose that you have consented to.
4. Queries about privacy
If you have any queries relating to the management of your personal information you can contact our Privacy Officer at the address or email address below.
Post: Privacy Officer, House Corporate Pty Ltd, Level 2 425 St Kilda Road Melbourne VIC 3004
Telephone: 1300 136 936
Facsimile: (03) 9863 2389